- August 7, 2023
- Posted by: zeinab adel
- Category: All Articles
How to Find the Right Talent with Staff Augmentation Services?
Managers often struggle to find candidates who have the critical skills their organization needs. And in the software industry, this can get even more complex – and it’s not particularly cost-effective.
The good news is, finding the right people through staff augmentation services can be an invaluable advantage. In this article, we’ll explore how to spot the perfect fit that matches your requirements with ease and confidence.
But first, let’s start by understanding what staff augmentation manpower services are all about and why they are creating such a buzz today.
What Is Staff Augmentation?
Staff augmentation is a type of outsourcing model where a company decides to augment or extend its in-house team with an external, qualified, and skilled team. They can work remotely or on-site to fulfill critical positions and roles temporarily or permanently.
Generally, the outsourcing market is skyrocketing, and global spending on outsourcing is forecasted to hit $731 billion in 2023. This speaks volumes for why this model in particular is widespread in the tech scene.
Staff augmentation offers companies a cost-effective solution to hire a diverse pool of talents right away without the hassle of the long hiring process.
In the software sector, staff augmentation can be used to extend your team with talented developers, designers, testers, or other software professionals. The model can be incredibly beneficial for companies embarking on a new project or which are seeking to expand their services and/or products.
6 Reasons Why You Need Staff Augmentation Services
The benefits of staff augmentation services in the software sector are numerous and include the following:
1. Access to Specialized Skills: Staff augmentation companies provide access to a wide range of professionals with specialized skills and extensive experience. This can help you bridge any skill gaps within your team and empower you to get projects completed on time and on budget.
2. Improved Output Quality: Extending your existing team with top-notch, highly-skilled professionals means building a strong team with a mix of experience, skills, and qualifications necessary in the right roles. This enables you to improve the quality and efficiency of your software development project.
3. Cost-effectiveness: Staff augmentation can help you save costs on hiring and training. You only pay for the services you require, and you don’t have to worry about the overhead costs associated with hiring full-time employees.
4. Flexibility: Staff augmentation also gives you the flexibility to scale your workforce as needed. This can be helpful if you have a fluctuating workload or project-based demands.
5. Reduced Risk: Collaborating with a professional staff augmentation company reduces the risk of hiring unqualified candidates. These companies have the people and in-depth industry know-how to conduct strict vetting and screening of candidates, so you can be confident that you’re getting qualified and experienced professionals.
6. Increased Productivity: Staff augmentation can help you boost your team’s productivity by alleviating work burdens and allowing them to focus on core strategic tasks.
If you are looking for a way to augment your software development team, staff augmentation is the ideal option for you. But how do you find the right candidate, and, more importantly, how to get started?
Ready to Add the Extra Missing Talent to Your Team?
Trust Asgatech as Your Outsourcing Provider and Experience Hassle-Free Productivity.
Starting Staff Augmentation in 3 Steps
To begin with, It’s crucial to recognize that being precise is the key to locating the ideal team as a service provider. This is because being clear means proactively defining your objectives, predicted challenges, requirements, and the KPIs you expect the talent to achieve. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself confused by the endless possibilities and unable to decide if you’re heading in the right direction or not.
So let’s get started.
1. Define Your Problem and Need
Start by asking yourself why you need this new talent, what gaps exist, and how augmenting your team with additional staff can address those gaps. Once you have the answers to these questions, you’ll be able to determine the specific number of candidates, required skills, collaboration time frame, and, of course, your budget limit.
2. Research Reputable Staff Augmentation Provider
Next, conduct thorough research on local or international providers and the models they provide, as well as their pricing and reputation. Narrow down your choices by making comparisons and reading reviews or testimonials from previous clients. This will give you an idea of their level of expertise and how satisfied their clients are with their services.
Additionally, consider reaching out to these providers directly to ask any questions you may have and to get a better sense of their communication and collaboration style.
3. Get Proposals and Secure a Deal
Finally, reach out to your shortlisted list of providers and request customized quotations. Review and compare their proposals, considering both finances and quality standards. Choose the option that best aligns with your financial requirement without compromising on service quality.
Upon completing these steps, you may wonder: “Did I make the right choice? And how can I ensure that the selected staff members will effectively support my existing in-house team?”. The answer is in the next section.
Confused Between Models and Need an
Outsourcing Provider to Help You Make
the Right Decision?
Download our whitepaper “A Checklist to Choosing the Right Software Outsourcing Provider” and choose your outsourcing partner with confidence.
The Staff Augmentation Metric Checklist: How to Tell You Got the Right Fit or Not?
The right fit in staff augmentation goes beyond finding a professional with the required technical skills; it’s about finding someone who aligns with your company’s culture and values. Companies are now placing greater emphasis on soft skills and cultural compatibility when selecting staff augmentation workers.
So, here’s our comprehensive list of metrics that will help you measure your staff augmentation success.
- Does the candidate have the required skills that complement my in-house team?
- Am I hiring an experienced professional or a fresh talent?
Cultural and Values
- Does the candidate communicate effectively in my local language?
- Are there any cultural gaps between us?
- Are the candidates aware of my corporate values and willing to respect them?
- Does the talent demonstrate a strong ability to learn?
- How well does the new augmented member or augmented team communicate, both on-site and online?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate the new dedicated team member in time management, problem-solving, self-confidence, attitude, and alignment with work ethics?
Agility and Diversity
- Is the candidate available for a short or long-term commitment?
- Will the new candidate blend with my existing staff?
- Does the candidate come from a diverse background that can bring a unique perspective to generate better ideas and outcomes?
The demand for agile staffing is high in response to the rapidly changing business landscape. Companies need to be able to scale their workforce to meet demand quickly, and that’s what the staff augmentation model provides. And of course, like pretty much everything, there are pros and cons, but in this area, the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
Take a proactive step forward toward expanding your team and join forces with one of the leading staff augmentation providers in the Middle East and the MENA region, asgatech.